This boutique Optical Store/Optometrist Office is a fun work environment that needs a bright, cheery face and bubbly personality to be the first point of contact.
*Welcome patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries. Respond to electronic inquiries in a timely fashion.
*Optimizes patients’ satisfaction, scheduling appointments. Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying Doctor of patient’s arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule.
*Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
*Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information. Perform clerical duties, such as filing and sorting and distributing mail.
*Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; filing, managing, and expediting third-party claims. Calculate billing charges
*Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
*Protects patients’ rights by maintaining the confidentiality of personal and financial information.
*Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
*Work as a team player to ensure each patient receives the best service possible
*Perform tasks including confirming coverage, collecting payment, and general administrative tasks
*Completing monthly recalls to patients who are due for their annual or bi-annual eye exams
Applicants should be ready to take on:
- A fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Close attention to detail
- Working under tight deadlines
- Being a reliable member of a small team
- Organizing themselves and others at work
Preference will be given to applicants that:
- Minimum 1-year experience working in customer service.
- Minimum 1-year experience as a receptionist.
- Experience pulling and verifying vision/medical insurances and submission of claims.
- Experience assisting patients with selecting fashionable eyeglasses and sunglasses.
- Understands sales strategies and sales metrics for Optical shop.
- Have work experience in the optical industry.
This role has potential for growth for the right person.