Tough Enough to Talk About It Coordinator
The Tough Enough Coordinator’s position is to promote, deliver and expand the program.
These duties include engaging/involving the target population (those involved in trades, industry, agriculture and first responders) in the Tough Enough Program. The Coordinator will develop and deliver facilitator training to a core group of facilitators across the province. The Coordinator will continue to support the program through presentation and workshop delivery, volunteer recruitment and management, maintaining the Advisory Committee membership and facilitator credentials.
This position includes program promotion and networking, delivering Tough Enough presentations, coaching others to deliver educational presentations and expansion of the programs as opportunities arise.
The Coordinator may also provide direct services including crisis/suicide intervention, consultation and referral.
· Diploma or degree in the social sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Workshop facilitation experience and/or education
· Experience and knowledge of the safety industry
· Volunteer Management experience and/or education
· Suicide/Crisis intervention knowledge; knowledge of regional resources
· ASIST certification required (training provided if necessary)
· Computer knowledge and experience
· Skills and comfort in public speaking and training with adult groups
· Initiative: ability to work collaboratively and/or independently
· Organizational, communication, written and interpersonal skills
· Planning/strategic thinking skills
· Discretion and judgment (ability to handle confidential situations, risk situations)
· Crisis and suicide intervention skills
· Competence with technology, computer skills
Because of the stressful nature of the work, a commitment to self-care is critical.
Program/Project Planning and Development:
· Share the leadership role in the Advisory Committee.
· Responsibility for monitoring of deliverables for evaluation purposes.
· Liaise with community services and resources related to the target groups.
· Manage special projects.
· Apply social marketing concepts to achieve program objectives.
· Keep statistics on program operations
· Organize agendas and minutes of Tough Enough Advisory Committee Meetings
· Prepare monthly and annual outcome reports.
· Oversee facilitator delivery, evaluations and certificate maintenance.
· Responsible for all aspects of volunteer management; orientation, training, support, debriefing, coordination
· Ensure that volunteer recognition activities are promoted and organize events to acknowledge the volunteer contributions to the Tough Enough Program
· Promote the Tough Enough Program along with other Resource Centre for Suicide Prevention workshops, materials, and resources.
· When required, provide information, support, and referrals through crisis calls and consultations.